Summer Heat

I finished my work with the conference on Tuesday this week, even though July 1 is the official termination date.  Nothing like a few vacation days before the big move.

It has turned out to be summer, and we are seeing above average temperatures.  It seems fitting for the 4th of July Weekend.

Lots of boxes packed, stuff thrown out, other stuff moved.  All while the heat beats down on my mountain home.

In a few days, we will drive down the mountain to the flatlands. It is usually a guarantee of 10 degrees difference.  Temperatures in the mid to high eighties here, means mid-90's in our new home.

People ask what I will miss the most about mountain living, it might be this.  The weather.

Ask me again around January, and I may have a new appreciation for the flatlands.

It was 35 years ago this summer when I first experienced living in the foothills of the Carolinas.  Coming from Alabama, I knew the heat of summer.  But I didn't know what it was like to cool off in the evenings.  What an eye opener to need a long sleeve shirt when the sun went down in the mountains, sometimes in July.

Will I miss it? Sure.  Will I adapt to the new environs. Always.

So tonight, the sun is dropping, and the front porch is becoming livable again on my little street.

How is it in your neck of the woods?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping and Camp Meeting

What does "Welcome" look like?

Labor Day Weekend