Waist Deep

A short post to say that we are waist deep in boxes and stuff, getting ready for a move.

One hundred and thirty miles seems like a long way, but really not so far.

My first move from Lake Junaluska to my first appointment as an elder in the church was about 210 miles.

I moved from there to Jackson, Mississippi, and that was about 740 miles.

I moved back to North Carolina a couple of years later, and that was 625 miles.

I moved from that church to Kobe, Japan and that was about 7,000 miles (and I did not even get a per mile moving allowance).

I returned five years later, another 7,000+ miles, and found myself in the same community for 12 years.  In many years of living, the place I had lingered the longest before now was five years in a home on Roko Island in Kobe, Japan.

So, it is exactly seven days until moving day.  One hundred-thirty miles doesn't seem that far anymore.  Boxes strewn all over a house don't seem that daunting.

Breathe in, breathe out. Repeat.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Camping and Camp Meeting

What does "Welcome" look like?

Labor Day Weekend